The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is relevant and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners, including the way this website processes, stores and protects user data.
2.) What information do we collect ?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or participate in a chat or messaging session as provided by our core services.
Most sections of the static [www.gridchat.tv] website may be visited anonymously, but registration is required to use any service within the domains [app.gridchat.tv] and [content.gridchat.tv].
3.) What do we use your information for ?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website and services (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. (In the calendar year 2012 GridChat sent a total of 0 unsolicited emails).
4.) What will we NOT use your information for ?
Your information will never be:
- Sold, exchanged or transferred to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your explicit, prior consent, save for the provisions of section 7 below.
- Used to send you communication that is not directly related to your use of our services.
- Kept for a period exceeding 6 years after you stop using our services.
5.) How do we protect your information ?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. No person, other than direct employees of GridChat have access to the operating systems or databases in use on our servers. No payment information of any kind is stored, even temporarily, on any of our infrastructure.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. This information is used solely for the identification of your account and to ensure key choices that you have made are remembered between sessions.
7.) Do we disclose any information to outside parties ?
We may only release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Your privacy is of great importance to us and secondmost only to the protection of children using our services. Should we have reasonable reason to believe that a child is in danger, we can and will use any information, data or broadcast provided by you solely to secure the safety of the children concerned. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Where a user has been banned previously, yet continues to create further accounts, GridChat can, at its sole discretion, instantly edit, modify or remove any written message by that user on any accounts that are deemed to have been created by the same individual. Furthermore, GridChat reserves the right to append to these messages the user's current public IP address, and/or location, and/or reason for ban. This information will be visible to all users within the chat.
9.) Your consent
August 1st, 2013